Are you tired of your lifeless and limp hair and on the lookout for something that can make it thick, attractive and manageable? While there is a new product that hits the shelves of the market each day, not many live up to their claims. Did you know that you can make just the remedy for your dull hair at home, and that too with coconut oil?
This post talks about the various homemade coconut oil shampoo recipes. Would you like to know what they are? Then enjoy reading!
1. Easy Homemade Coconut Shampoo
This is the easiest homemade coconut oil shampoo and uses very few ingredients. It also takes less than 5 minutes to make. To make this shampoo, you will need:
· ¾ cup water
· ½ cup castile soap
· two teaspoons table salt
· 2 tablespoon coconut oil
· 2 teaspoon jojoba oil
· 20 drops coconut fragrance oil
· Pour the water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for half a minute.
· Pour in the castile soap and blend gently without making too many suds.
· Add the salt and mix well.
· Finally, add the oils and stir until well incorporated.
· Store this in a squeeze bottle.
2. Coconut and Honey Shampoo
Even if you make your own shampoo with liquid soap, coconut oil, and fragrance, it is not much better than the store bought shampoos, chock full of chemicals. This is because the pH of the soap is quite high, and therefore, is still pretty harmful to the hair. To make a more balanced shampoo, you can use the following recipe. It requires:
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup Aloe Vera gel
- ¼ cup distilled water
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary essential oil
- ½ cup liquid castile soap (you can also omit this if you are okay with a lather free shampoo)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (use if you have dry hair)
· Slowly stir the honey in lukewarm water until it is evenly mixed.
· Add the rest of the ingredients barring the soap and blend well.
· Now stir in the soap but do not agitate too much as that will form unnecessary suds.
· Pour this into a squeeze bottle and store in the freezer.
3. Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner Combo
Coconut oil is really good for your hair texture and adds a pearly sheen to it. So, if you could make a shampoo and conditioner combo out of it that would be just the product to use for all purposes. To make this coconut shampoo and conditioner, you need:
- 1 cup Dr. Bronner Castile soap (it contains organic oils and vitamin E and is natural)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 20 drops of coconut fragrance
- 10 drops of vanilla extract
· Like all the other shampoos, it is essential that you mix the oil and soap gently to prevent lathering.
· Now add the fragrance and extract to add a nutty and exotic fragrance to your shampoo.
· Store in the fridge in an old, empty shampoo bottle and it lasts for a month.
A Tip: You can use this to clean your eye makeup. Even though it burns, it is natural and is devoid of the eye-numbing chemicals that are actually present in the ‘no tear’ removers.
Now that you know how to make shampoo with coconut oil, what are you waiting for?